Thursday, April 5, 2018

Coming Along

Hi guys, so it's been a while since the last time I blogged and since then we have been hard work. Since all the filming is done we have been busy putting all the film together and editing it. But I have mainly been focused on creating the postcard. For the main picture of the focused we did have a mini photoshoot the day we recorded all the footage, but regardless to have more content to work with we are also taking some stills from all the footage we took and testing out all of these pictures to see what best works with our film. One problem we did encounter was that I originally wanted to create a postcard vertically but all the pictures and the stills from the footage we have are horizontal thus making me have to choose a vertical postcard. Although as I kept researching examples and possible ideas for the postcards often times they are horizontal, so although it wasn't my ideal lan I do believe I am following typical conventions.
Now for the image on the postcard. Originally the image I wanted was similar to one of the practice images that we took but the images from the photoshoot didn't come out exactly as that. Mainly I believe because since we were rushed for time we didn't really check the images we just took and kept going. This in the long run although it did save my group and I time, may have cost us some quality. Some other things I am having difficulty with the postcard is deciding whether or not we want to add that yellow tint to the images since it is going to be present and it is a common theme for the postcard. The reason I believe I am having difficulty with this is because I can't find the exact color we are using in the film thus I am scared it is not going to look cohesive. I also don't want to force it on to the image, I think one way which may help me around this is by only including the yellow tint in images that are in the setting of the short film which is tinted, but if we take images from the setting that is regularly colored I don't think I showed add the yellow tint and thus I was debating of wither or not to add yellow text here but again I am facing the same problem where the font isn't the same color as the tint we are using in the film, and it is harder for me to find color that matches in the front because the picture you can adjust more such as the brightness and the color making it easier for me to find an exact color.
Overall though, I believe we are going on a steady pace and hopefully we will be done by the end of this week thus leaving all of next week for us to correct little details and create our CCR (fingers crossed).

No comments:

Post a Comment