Saturday, March 3, 2018

Branding

In my last blog post I talked about how I am doing a short film and how I had started the process of researching short films to see if I can gather any inspiration for my own short film. But I also decided I should research other aspects so short films more specifically how I can create a brand for my products through the short film, the website, and the postcard advertisement. As I was conducting my research I came across a statement that really opened my eyes and it was "Branded content, an admittedly slippery term, is a sort of hybrid between traditional storytelling, product placement, and more traditional advertisement.". Once I read this sentence all of sudden everything made sense and it helped me realize the importance of creating a brand and how it may not be as simple as it looks. Although this statement really opened my eyes and helped me understand branding the rest of the article itself wasn't all that helpful so then my research commenced once again.
 In the midst of what seemed a hopeless search I came across this website that broke it down into simple steps to properly craete a brand for something. First it mentioned how your brand is what helps people remebr you and your specific product, it's suppose to not only showcase your product but why your product is the best and it helps it stand apart from the rest of the products on the market. It then moves on to talk about how it's crucial to stay consistent throughout your product and how you market it. Because if you don't you can confuse your consumers and you can loose your identity.  And the last two "tips" that really stuck out to me is to make sure you connect emotionally with your audience. I think this is really important because in a way this helps create a connection with your audience and in a way rewards your audience. Which brings into a accountant the last tip which is reward your consumers, let them feel appreciated and let them feel how grateful you are for them because in the long run they are the reason of your failure or success.
Overall, although research may be tidious and annoying it really can help ensure that your end result and overall I think this has helped kinda figure out the direction I want to go and it helped me reinforce the importance of how all the products have to coincide. 

No comments:

Post a Comment