Wednesday, March 14, 2018

Details

Yesterday my group had met in classand started discussing possible ideas for the setting of the film. Since I wasn’t able to go they have filled me in on all the detailsas to what they discussed.
First they talked about the target audience; they think the ideal target aidience should be middle calss women from late teens to early twenties middle class women. They came to this conclusion based on the genre being romantic science fiction. Although, I do believe that our target audience should broaden a bit and make the age the from late teens to late twenties, more or less giving the age range 10 years. That way the age span be of 10 years, more or less. I think we should broaden the age range a bit so that more people can relate to the film, thus boasting it’s popularity. Futhermore I believe that defining the economic class for our target audience was crucial for our short film since we are playing with the concept of virtual reality throughout the stimulation. So i believe that this economic class would have most likely obtained some knowledge on this topic and possibly even tested it our. Thus they can better understand the concept of the film.
Next, they talked about the possible setting of the film. We had previously talked about the location being easily accesible to us. We also knew that we would use 6 main settings throughout the plot of the film. The first setting would be the bedroom and for this we wanted a very clean, minimal, plain room. But to incorporate a sci-fi element they wanted to include neon lights. Although I like the concept and the idea I think a better idea is to play with lightening a bit. My friend who is in AP Photo taught me a trick where you color a pice of tape any color you want and you turn on the flashlight and it projects that color. So I believe that this will better convey the feeling we want and it can easier and cheaper overall. Either way I think that one of my group members bedroom would work well although we would have to play around with the furniture a bit.
Another location which we would need is a neighborhood, we would use this mainly for the scene where he first finds out that time is frozen. For this we wanted a neighborhood that is very green and lively so we thought of a the neighborhood Weston Hills. The only problem I see with this is that the neighborhood isn’t the same one as my group member’s house so it may be time consuming going back and forth. Either way I do believe that this neighborhood would look very aesthetically pleasing throughout the film.
The next setting we would need is a living room area mainly for the scene of him getting ready after he had just woken up. Again we want a very clean and simple look, so again we are going to use one of my group member’s home because she has a very clean and simple look.
Next we also want to include overall the city of Weston. This setting would be mainly used for the small montage we are including that portrays the protagonist relationship with the girl. Being that this is going to be a series of dates we want to include various parts of Weston.
Throughout the film we will also need to find a location for the psycologist’s office. For this we will probably end of using the first bedroom again but move the furniture completely and add props to make it look different from when we use it in the first scene.
And the last setting that we would need is the friend’s house. This is probably the smallest scene so I think we might get around using the same house as before but angel the camera differently and use a different bedroom.
Lastly we talked about when we want to set the film to be and we decided that the best would be to set in the future in the year of 2150. This is mainly because one of my group members found out that this is the year that virtual reality can be reached. We also established that the time this “world” would be frozen in is 10:42. Although I believe that we might need to change the time to 8:42 mainly so that it works better with the plot since he is running late to work.
So yeah I missed a lot. But either way I think we have made huge progress and I am so proud as to how everything is coming out.

No comments:

Post a Comment