Sunday, March 18, 2018

Postcard

It's me again, today I thought that I would post about another aspect of the project. I though today I can talk about another aspect of the project, the postcard advertisement.
First, let me tell you about what I do know of the most card ad. So, first of all I know that this card is going to be passed out around wherever we distrust the film. Thus, something that it must include is the exact position where they could watch the movie (such as the theater it will be featured in). Something else it has to have is the time where the film can be seen. I also know based on previous examples that most postcard advertisements show some credits. Since the postcard is so small it mostly shows the most important credits only, such as the director and the producer. Then I also know that most postcards use both sides, again this is mainly because since the size of the postcard is so small you have to take advantage of both sides. Lastly, I know that most postcards focus on the image on it and try to keep the rest of the postcard very simple.
Ok, so now here is some of the things I learned throughout my research. One of the primary things that I learned is that one of the postcards included the url where people can download the film. When I read this I had an idea for something we can include in our own project. I thought we could also include a url where people can download the film for free and after someone downloads the film they can then donate whatever they can in exchange for downloading the movie. I got this idea from a band who used this similar concept but instead of a film it was a song.
So yeah that is a little bit of the research I have learned for the creation of the postcard advertisement. I'll blog again soon with another update.

Sources:
“Case Study: Publishing Content vs. Marketing It, Pt. 2.” Vimeo, vimeo.com/blog/post/publishing-vs-marketing-a-vod-case-study-ft-every2.

No comments:

Post a Comment